Originally I had been planning to do a “Goodbye 2016” post but I though that would just be a lot of ranting and talk about how much of a genuinely awful year this has been. Not just for the multitude of Actors and Performers that we lost this year; Debbie Reynolds passing one day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher, had me in tears last night as did Alan Rickman and Sir Terry Wogan’s passing earlier in the year. But Politically it’s been appalling! Not to mention, on May 1st this year, the Fort McMurray disaster happened!
SO! Instead I’m talking about goals and things that I really want to achieve in 2017! as far as my blogging is concerned, 2016 was great! My instagram following went up as did my instagram engagement, my blog traffic went up and after I rebranded my blog from MapleSyrupandTeacups (Blogger) to Scotch & Stilettos (WordPress) I saw my subscribers increase too. I started to meet some amazing Vancouver Blogging Ladies this year after I attended my first ever Blogger event this Christmas. I want to keep this going and grow even more in 2017.
I have so much that I want Scotch & Stilettos to become, I want it to be a place that people can find fun, affordable and wearable style inspiration, I want it to also be a place that anyone who is dealing with being bullied can find hope that things do and will get better, I want it to be a place where anyone suffering with anxiety can find some useful information on how best to manage their anxiety.
So here are my goals for 2017:
1. Get my Stomach issues under control so that I can fully enjoy my life!
2. Get my Anxiety under control so that I can fully enjoy life!
3. Save for some awesome vacations with my Husband!
4. Stop worrying so much about what other people think of me.
5. Read a book a month!
6. Get back out with my DSLR and start taking my night photography again!
7. Go to the Cinema once a month (there are some awesome-looking movies coming out in 2017!!)
8. Cut back on Sugar (in everything – even those nasty hidden sugars)
9. Get my Condo looking great! I have plenty of pinterest ideas lol
10. Get my Instagram to 10K followers!
11. Create epic Blog content!
So those are just a few of my goals for 2017! What are your goals for 2017? Let me know in the comments below! Have a Wonderful and Safe New Year’s Eve and I’ll see you next week!